Interview with AntwerpXL Exhibitor EMCO
Interview with Mohamed Afifi from EMCO Shipping
EMCO is a full agency covering all major Egyptian ports with offices in Alexandria, Port Said and Suez. We handle all types of vessels and cargoes at any major Egyptian Port.
You can find EMCO at stand B21
- How long have you been in the Breakbulk industry? Since 1979.
- What is the biggest change you have seen in the Breakbulk market in this time? The huge drop that happened in the bunker prices..
- The best part of your role? Challenging Issues, solving problems and developing new ideas creating new Trades/opportunities/businesses.
- The most challenging part of your role Solving problems related to Timber Shipments to Egypt
- Favourite country to travel with for work? The Netherlands
- Best tip for coping with this lockdown? Look for a nice hobby you like doing involving being outdoors in people free areas so you could be safe while enjoying Nature and outdoors, like Fishing for example, some people like hiking, these kind of activites are the best in Corona Times.
- When all reopens which Bar/Restaurant are you most looking forward to visiting after lockdown? Ohh not very familiar of names, but a nice old style lounge would do the trick.
- What are you most looking forward to at AntwerpXL 2021? Meeting people again and mingling with the shipping community.