PORT OF BILBAO, LOGISTIC & INDUSTRIAL HUB
The Port of Bilbao is for many reasons, one of the most attractive transport and logistics centres in the European Atlantic Arc. It enjoys the benefits of one of the most industrialised regions. In addition to its privileged geographical location, it offers a series of unquestionable advantages:
– Bilbao is on of the major intermodal and logistics centre on the Atlantic Corridor, and the gateway between America and Northern Europe.
– We can receive vessels of all types and sizes without any draught restriction: up to 32m depth.
– Skilled and reliable. The hub for project cargoes at the Iberian Peninsula: multiple terminals, warehouses and services.
– Fast and easy road and rail accesses: direct connection to the motorway and rail networks of the Iberian Peninsula and the south of France.
– Rich industrial hinterland generating breakbulk and H&H´s flows.
-Land available to improve your breakbulk logistics.
H&H INDUSTRIES IN THE PORT OF BILBAO
In recent years, the attraction of the Port of Bilbao due to its great depths and land surface availability has enabled the establishment of important industries producing heavy cargo that need strategically placed facilities with embarkations points leading directly to the vessel.
Among these, Siemens Gamesa, Lointek, Navacel Process Industries, Vicinay Cadenas, ArcelorMittal, Haizea Windgroup, Sakana Group, Wec Group and Nordex Acciona.
NEW AREAS FOR INDUSTRIAL AND LOGISTICS PROJECTS
The Port dedicates 910,000 square metres and 6000 linear metres to general cargo.
Given existing demand, the Port Authority of Bilbao is now constructing a new pier which will be made available to shippers for new traffic.